03 November, 2010

waiting to be framed


the piece on the left was inspired by my recent cross country trip, where i even drove through or past the hometown of mister woody guthrie (in okemah oklahoma). i was so excited when i thought of the idea that i was nearly crying. (but then, this happens to me a lot.) i played with a lot of different fonts and styles an ultimately, settled on this one... i like how it looks very print-inspired. (i dont like how it took days longer than making a print would have...) the font has a westernish, old-timey print look to it, i think; like work that came out of hatch show print, in nashville, which i didnt get to visit on this trip, as they were closed at 8am on sunday, when we were there. i've been before though and certainly recommend a visit if you find yourself in the area -- very inspiring.
then the red one is a little play with new borders, and the dylan quote is one i've been meaning to stitch up for ages (thanks to karen for the encouragement on that one).

2 comments:

Leila said...

That looks like a really neat museum. I've never been to Nashville. It's a place I really should go.

I have, however, been to Okemah. Did I ever tell you that I'm from Oklahoma? Funny to see it mentioned on your blog!

Skylark Studio said...

dude. yes. yes!

and I just framed up my own hatch print! will post pics soon maybe ... hope you are well (you are missed!) xoxoxo