01 October, 2012

in anticipation

As I mentioned in my last post, I'm feeling the change of the seasons come on quickly. Unlike so many people I know, however, I don't welcome the crisp days and chilly nights of autumn; it's actually a huge bummer for me to feel the warmth and light of summer quickly fading away!
I'm trying to be optimistic this year, though.. so I'm finding reasons to be happy about the season. These chestnuts, gathered just downstairs in my yard, are one thing to be happy about. Last year, the squirrels always beat me to the best nuts, leaving only the teeny tiny useless ones and empty shells. This year, however, they don't seem to be so interested in them! I've gathered overflowing pockets-full of chestnuts for the past two mornings, and there are still so many on the tree!

In other optimistic and exciting news:
*I've got a new piece in the works. I hope to have it finished in a couple of weeks.
*I've been asked to participate as a vendor in the upcoming American Made celebration hosted by the folks over at Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. I'll be doing a post on that soon with more info.
*I'm teaching a cross-stitch class this Sunday! It's been a while since I've been in the classroom. (Did you know I used to teach fifth grade? Yep, it's true.)There are still some open spots, so if you're in the eastern PA area, check it out and sign up!
*Clover Market is happening again in less than two weeks and I'll be there! It's another PA thing. Come on by if you can!

That's it for now -- more soon!

1 comment:

Skylark Studio said...

I am dreading the cold too - need more kittens! Maybe I'll stop down to Clover this fall ...