31 May, 2012

pretty in pink

(i'm pretty sure i've used that title before. sorry. trivia tidbit: that's also the title of my maybe all-time-favourite song.)

in preparation for clover market this sunday and renegade brooklyn later this month, i made up some new bowl covers today, including this pinky pink set:


my mom got me the pink kitchenaid mixer years ago when i was really into pink. she had it shipped to my greenpoint apartment (where i had painted my bedroom walls pink). as it was a surprise, i had no idea what was in the heavy heavy box i had just carried upstairs. oh boy, did i ever cry of happiness and gratitude when i opened that box! i may have moved out of my pink phase, but i still absolutely adore this mixer. it sees A LOT of use; like last night, when i made these cookies. (thanks to my friend jill for turning me on to that recipe!)

the smaller of the two in the set fits the kitchenaid artisan mixer (as well as medium-sized regular bowls, up to about 9 inch diameter) and the larger size fits the bowl of the larger professional series kitchen aids. it fits up to a 10.5 inch diameter bowl, which is about the size of the largest of the old pyrex nesting bowl sets.

my kitchen is wonderful to work in, but it's stink-ola for photo taking -- all dark and full of weird wall space.
it's really too bad i live so far from my sister; her kitchen has pink walls, white swiss-dot curtains, and 1950's era boomerang print countertops in pink and grey! it would have made for a perfect photo shoot; oh well!
this has been my third post today; phew!

No comments: