24 February, 2013

another star....

I think I had it in my head that I needed one more piece to round out this silvery-stars series, and I couldn't move on until that was done.



I absolutely love T. Rex, and I've thought to do lines from this song (Mambo Sun) before ("beneath the beebop moon, I want to croon, with you...") but this one works with my star theme -- and, being that so many dudes are rocking beards these days, I figure it's got to resonate with some hipster somewhere.




I have one more piece to do with sparkly metallic embroidery floss (a custom order - using champagne colored floss) and then I'll be on to the next theme. I hope you're all having a great weekend! xo.

3 comments:

Victoria van der Laan said...

My all-time favorite T. Rex lyric (also star-related!), from Jeepster: "You've got the universe reclining in your hair." Seriously love them.

chezkimberly said...

such a good one, Victoria!! there really are so many from that song... but then there are also those where, paired with the next verse, are so totally out there and weird. oh, marc bolan!

Kristy said...

Many thanks Kimberly for sharing your "Creative Clutter" design in Mollie Makes. A fan of cross stitch, I have just completed it and it is now proudly hanging on my wall (and my blog)! Your work is gorgeous and I look forward to admiring more of your handy work :)