28 September, 2011

sparkle and shine


Inspired by this wonderful feedback;


"I have been desirous of one of these cloud embroideries for years, so I was very happy to be able to purchase this little collection. It looks just perfect in a corner of my new house."
(big smiles from me -- i love my etsy customers!)

I've been spending this cloudy week stitching up a new batch of clouds (among other projects):


i recently found this EVER so light blue aida cloth in my collection -- i have no idea where it came from or what this color is called, but i love it for these clouds. the color is SO subtle that the silver lining jumps out much more prominently than with the other colors i use. usually i prefer the subtle lining, like a little surprise that you see after you see the cloud (just like the metaphor), but i'm really liking these ones.



i've got packed-full days of things to do and people to see tomorrow and friday, but i expect to have some new clouds, including a grouping or two, in the shop next week.
have a great rest of your week/weekend!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I want to buy one of your clouds that you've been makng recently with light blue aida cloth! Please let me know when your nimble fingers have created some so that I can make the purchase!

thanks - Anna